Heirloom Fibrecraft curates and imports European furniture brand; Artisan in addition to custom made sofas, produced in Australia.
Browse the collection online or visit our Mona Vale store at Shop 9, 9 Bungan Street, Mon-Fri 10-4, Sat, 10-3.
Botanical cushions by textile artist Heirloom Fibrecraft are available to purchase from Natural Base Shop.
Our felted rugs are perfect for timber floors
5 hot tips for cooler months:
- A great rug is your best friend. What could be better than a soft, insulating, textural experience for your extremities? Rugs can complete picture and tie soft furnishings in a room together. As a general rule of thumb, keep your lounge room rug in a neutral colour as this will avoid completing with your other soft furnishings such as cushions and throws.
- De clutter your shelves, bookcases and display furnishings to avoid dust collection. Minimalism creates a sense of peace.
- Create intrigue and warmth in your living spaces by introducing mixed textures as well as colour. Layering knitted textiles, felts and woven fibres will not only visually appeal but feel great. Ensure that soft furnishings are quality and well made to maintain an ongoing fresh look rather than 'el cheapos' that can look flat after a couple of weeks. That way you can enjoy them for many winters to come.
- Add atmospheric lighting among functional lighting by introducing warm-light bulbs and a feature lampshade in beautiful textiles.
- Embrace nature and bring it into your abode! Hang fresh or dried eucalyptus branches inside bathrooms and common areas as well as adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your cleaning products to keep bacteria at bay through the cold and fly months.
Our Top 5 Favourite Reasons to Support Handmade
The majority of our everyday products have been manufactured overseas, often in conditions that aren't ideal. Much to our delight, the bespoke/handmade movement has been gaining momentum in Australia. At Natural Base, we source much of our sustainable materials locally and are proud that our goods are lovingly handmade in Australia.
Our Top 5 favourite reasons to support local handmade goods:
#1 You are purchasing a completely unique product that someone has crafted with care and thought.
#2 You are supporting real people in your community who are using their creative talents.
#3 You can be the first of your friends to discover a new local designer or craftsperson! (We all love bragging rights!)
#4 You are buying QUALITY! Not a mass produced plastic product that is engineered to break after a short time and added to landfill.
#5 You are caring for our planet. Materials shipped around the world create more pollution. Buying local = reduced carbon emissions!
The recent ABC series, Bespoke, (below) is well worth a watch - it showcases the rising hand made movement in Australia. We reckon you'll enjoy it. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/bespoke/
Have you purchased a memorable hand made product that you want to tell us about? Or are you a crafty person yourself? Maybe you are a crochet guru or master of home brewing?
Share your stories with us below - we'd love to know!
A unique and designer range of womens scarves, made in Australia are available from our online shop or showroom.