Home Styling for Winter
Our felted rugs are perfect for timber floors
5 hot tips for cooler months:
- A great rug is your best friend. What could be better than a soft, insulating, textural experience for your extremities? Rugs can complete picture and tie soft furnishings in a room together. As a general rule of thumb, keep your lounge room rug in a neutral colour as this will avoid completing with your other soft furnishings such as cushions and throws.
- De clutter your shelves, bookcases and display furnishings to avoid dust collection. Minimalism creates a sense of peace.
- Create intrigue and warmth in your living spaces by introducing mixed textures as well as colour. Layering knitted textiles, felts and woven fibres will not only visually appeal but feel great. Ensure that soft furnishings are quality and well made to maintain an ongoing fresh look rather than 'el cheapos' that can look flat after a couple of weeks. That way you can enjoy them for many winters to come.
- Add atmospheric lighting among functional lighting by introducing warm-light bulbs and a feature lampshade in beautiful textiles.
- Embrace nature and bring it into your abode! Hang fresh or dried eucalyptus branches inside bathrooms and common areas as well as adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your cleaning products to keep bacteria at bay through the cold and fly months.